Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Midtown Madness > Bug Reporting: Midtown Madness 2 - Anti-Cheat v1.0

Bug Reporting: Midtown Madness 2 - Anti-Cheat v1.0

_HoMeR_

Отредактировано28 de ������ de 2010 - 21:10_HoMeR_
This thread is intended to report all bugs found in the Anti-Cheat v1.0
Quote:
Please follow the following pattern before posting:
- Post your computer specifications (OS, graphics, RAM, CPU). Along with your connection speed.
- Issue-at-hand [Where, When, Exactly what happened]
- What kind of a game
- How many players

Thank you for co-operating.

- HoMeR
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 _7_Skeeball_7_

Отредактировано29 de ������ de 2010 - 20:24_7_Skeeball_7_
I'm running the Windows XP Home operating system, a 256 MB NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 PCI Graphics Card, 2 GB of RAM and 2.8 GHZ Celeron D CPU. My connection speed is advertised as 12 MB download and 3 MB upload, but I have gotten speeds of up to 20 - 30 MB for download and 4.5 MB for upload on some internet speed tests.

The issue is not with me. The issue is with one of my friends. Ms_M_ and I played an Anti-Cheat Cops and Robbers match and she entered the game that I hosted without any problems. Whenever I host a game, people can always join without any problems, as long as their network setup is correct. However, when Ms_M_ tried to host with anti-cheat enabled, I got stuck at load screen and went to main multiplayer menu. Then, Ms_M_ tried checking all of her firewall and router settings, as well as tweaking them but all attempts for me to join a game had failed. Then, Ms_M_ disabled the anti-cheat, and I was able to make it to the multiplayer session screen just fine. Ms_M_ has always had this problem when hosting a game since the start of the anti-cheat. NAT Traversal was not used in any of the hosted games. I think there are some others with this same hosting issue, but I haven't gotten them to test and see if they can successfully host a game without anti-cheat enabled. Some people have this hosting issue and some people don't. It may or may not be an issue with anti-cheat, but I really believe Ms_M_ setup for Midtown Madness 2 is correct, or perhaps "some unknown special something" (special as in something being used to setup the networked game accordance to Voobly Anti-cheat and NAT files, and that setup is being triggered by configured in her network, firewall or router settings?) must be enabled or disabled in her router or firewall settings or something?
 Ms_M_

Отредактировано30 de ������ de 2010 - 00:33Ms_M_
Win7 Ultimate,CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon X2, 3100 MHz (15.5 x 200), System Memory 4096 MB (DDR2 SDRAM), Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (1024 MB)
connection speed = 100Mbps

Problem: I am not able to host in MM2 with AC enabled no problem hosting with AC disabled.. no problem joining either an AC or non AC game

thank you for addressing this frustrating problem that i am having , Ms_M_

PS I have tried with several different players, with the same result...

update: no more problem.. i didnt do anything it just started to work. My only thought is that Comcast was having a problem yesterday and this morning...:D
 _7_Skeeball_7_

Размещено30 de ������ de 2010 - 00:33
Problem has been solved. Looks like there were no problems with the anti-cheat. :D
 _HoMeR_

Размещено30 de ������ de 2010 - 02:15
Sweet - how did you guys solve it?

I do know that sometimes people who THINK they cant host eventually end up relaunching a few times and it starts to work again :) GG guys :P
 JustHF

Размещено30 de ������ de 2010 - 03:35
_HoMeR_ wrote:
Sweet - how did you guys solve it?

Ms_M_'s game worked fine after I asked her to move her "not in use" folder name out of the mm2 directory.
 Ms_M_

Размещено30 de ������ de 2010 - 19:08
but after that i put it back into mm2 folder, along with another (holding)folder, and still am able to host so...was either as u have said above or what i said in the update :D
Thx again for ur fine work !
Ms_M_
 LRD_Vampire

Размещено2 de ������� de 2010 - 21:51
Not sure, but i'm french and it seems to doesn't work with the french version of MM2.

[You must login to view link] is not the same as the english version of mm2. Anti-Cheat detect [You must login to view link] is not valid but i tried to play a game with anti-cheat just after installing mm2 and it doesn't work.

Sry for ma bad english =@
 _HoMeR_

Размещено3 de ������� de 2010 - 03:13
ur english is fine Vampire :)

if the french version doesnt work, why not try to install an english copy of the game? have u tried it?
 LRD_Vampire

Размещено3 de ������� de 2010 - 21:01
I tried to find an english version but withouht any success :(, sry but i don't want to buy an english version when i already have a copy of mm2
 _HoMeR_

Размещено4 de ������� de 2010 - 22:17
I sent you a message, Vamp :)
 Ms_M_

Размещено9 de ������� de 2010 - 18:10
How about a senior discount ... ;thumbup
 _HoMeR_

Размещено9 de ������� de 2010 - 20:32
LOOOOOOL, i'll look into it ahaha
 Max786_

Размещено18 de ������ de 2011 - 05:03
Thank you Voobly for the AC now the so called pros instesd playin the way they used to..... they cant!!!! so now they resort to cheaping (you know who u are) lmao good job Voobly cause of AC u added more life to this game and made it more enjoyable
 ViperMitSniper

Размещено27 de ������ de 2012 - 23:38
not sure whether anybody will ever read this xD but i got an issue with AC 2 it seems, when i try to launch, the notification pops up that the '[You must login to view link]' file was modified o.O
i never modified anything or downloaded any mods or similar things wonder why this doesnt work. as posted above, is it only about the language if i understand that right ? i have it installed in German, Windows 7

[1]
Показано 1 - 15 из of 15 посты
Быстрый пееход:
1Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,1гости

What's popular right now: