AoE: DE

Poll: Will you be buying the new AoE: DE?
No I don't have Windows 10 and my current setup is too important to lose.
No
Yes
 [Foo]fobbix

Отредактировано1 de ������� de 2018 - 19:45[Foo]fobbix
So recently I got accepted into the closed BETA, Yay! My MSI (ggrrrr) motherboard VRM heatsink leaked so I had to get a new motherboard. So I am now running Windows 10.

I have attached some screen shots of a game that I recently played. (below)

Some Notes though:

Multiplayer (only hopefully) path-finding is extremely bugged which makes the release a lot like AoE2: HD. The units seem to play animations before being able to receiving a confirmation command from the server. Lots of issues with villagers getting stuck and having spasms. But the main problem is the military units path-finding which really doesn't work at all with small gaps (so I'd avoid river-type maps if possible). The units can't move when in a large group, I once built up around 100-150 units and tried moving them across the map and it was more or less impossible, eventually it completely stalled the game just before I realized it would. But while it was gradually working or more precisely after a while of macro'ing, it did have an extremely moving period where my Heavy Cavalry Archers just swamped across a continent, Attila The Hun style.

I think I lost another game because I gave a attack-move command to my units at a crossing, and when I checked back my last one or two units were spasming, and my enemy appeared to have not lost any units at all.

Another problem with the new game is that the buttons are no where to be found and FE have nothing to do with multiplayer gamers. So the problems such as the Mini-map colours are worser than ever. And the "you are being attacked" sound, sounds but there is no indication on the mini-map. I have seen flashing? dots maybe on the map to demonstrate fighting maybe, but it is really awkward and horrible.

Which also brings to another problem - the idle villager button is in the top-left, and I don't know where the interface for the flare etc has gotten to. Most certainly I have heard no-one else flaring either so it is either hidden in the interface or not in the interface even.

At the moment I have likened it to Empire Earth 3. Which is very bad, as soon as they have sorted all the problems with the AI out then it will be ok to play.

It is a shame that additional things seem not to have been added though. Like new food/wood units, as you generally just end up with 10k food/wood and 0 gold. What I mean is that the end-game as per usual is very poorly balanced. O yeah I also think there will still be one or two units being just constantly spammed as there will be units that are just OP.

Another thing I would of liked to seen in the game would be timed-based aging (and also not to lock-up the TC whilst aging). So instead of trying to be a robot and do everything exactly the same at startup it would offer a lot of flexibility and allow "noobs" such as myself much more of a chance of participating in the game (lol) - that does work both ways it has been noted by DM'ers with RM'ers being absolutely f****** clueless about DM.

Another thing I don't like is the intro, which I hope is only for the BETA. It would be very amateurish not to have an actual battle scene for the intro. At the moment they have an E3? intro.

Anyway some more of the great things about the game are the music tracks and the graphics.

The music is really good, although one track is a bit off. It is slightly worrying that they have used iconic music from Game Of Thrones (Daenery's) theme/sound as I call it. It is really addictive and great in the context of the game but every time it is played I think they have included dragons in this game. I don't know whether that is going to be a massive backlash with a legal challenge or not.

The graphics are good but the game-play hasen't really been enhanced.

Enhancement might come through things such as 8v8 (16 player) or seemless maps or the biggest maps you'd ever seen (along with a suitable AI pathfinding solution that only checked squares (singularly), instead of the entire map). Again with the pathfinding, I think with dropping/not including groups they might have decided to have no delay for the unit commands.

I am only purchasing the game for offline play, so hopefully they will have any of those issues all sorted a few months after launch.

The very last note would be that there is a in-game lobby. But unfortunately it has nothing on what the old zone was, so generally very poor match-making capabilities yet again.

One thing that really grindered me recently that I saw was a post from FE? or on facebook anyway apparently from a pro-gamer or whatever. Anyway they said that the elephant is a replacement for the boar??????????????????? I mean ffs, AoE came before AoE2. Perhaps someone should explain that to him. Also I think real tips would be the shared allied vision button, and not so obvious extra's from the government center that affect basic unit attack values etc.

Maybe I do things wrong though, I do build a granary first next to the bushes where-as perhaps it would be better to go for a storage pit next to the trees and just gather food from the bushes directly to the TC. I am getting a bit lost in the middle of the game too, I keep thinking to myself should I have done this or that by now? I do usually try and build up an cavalry army to protect my allies (if I have the right civ), cause there are a lot of annoying noob-bashing players out there. They generally don't allow other players to age up.

I don't know if it is with F11 but you can see all the different ages all the players are in next to the scores in the bottom left of the screen. This is great but again I do miss actual notifications.

[You must login to view link]
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 [Foo]fobbix

Отредактировано2 de ������� de 2018 - 17:52[Foo]fobbix
I found a way to win in late game on rivers etc..

Trireme boats only cost wood! Yay! lol

Other players thought I was hacking though. Nope only 14000+ wood. Was trying to get through a small hole for about 10 minutes. - Wall + Tower + Bowmen, and I was out of gold, so I couldn't even build siege :'( .

The Pathfinding is so bad................................................................................................ Again I only hope it is for the multiplayer or else it would be better a 2019 release.

But seriously though as a experienced C/++ developer it is somewhat annoying. That they can't get simple Pathfinding right. All I can say is they must be using Unity or something, cause it definitely isn't suitable for RTS development.
 [Foo]fobbix

Размещено3 de ������� de 2018 - 16:59
Just had another GG. Red got hammered early on and quit too early. The other two were lazying about so I win :D .

It was slightly worrying at first since it took me about 5 minutes more to get into the tool age, but my score always seemed to be above theirs. I was just waiting for that very annoying early rush.

Because they were battering red early on I had to go swordsmen. So more or less after red quit I eco raided browns base and managed to get a lot of his eco but then blue came up to help so I turned hell leather on his base and he ran out of gold. As they were building cavalry and I even had heavy (cavalry), along with going to the Iron age first.

Upgraded my swordsmen to bronze and then long swordsmen. Then just swamped them with this cheap unit type. With adding in basic horsemen, and eventually archers when brown started with centurions (to help blue out). But that didn't really pay off and I got through blues wall and razed his entire base. He did manage to escape but then managed to build his second attempt (at escaping) right next to my academies (see below).

Note: To do the above I usually build about 8 stables/barracks etc in AoE2 style.

I did find 3000-6000 more gold on the map that I put to good use late on when I built 8-10 academies, nearish to browns base and upgraded from phalanx to centurion, and just swamped his base. His own army was destroying my buildings down towards the right on the map but I mainly walled him off from getting near my own eco.

[You must login to view link] [You must login to view link]
 [Foo]fobbix

Размещено4 de ������� de 2018 - 09:01
OP units seem to be massing upgraded Ballistas, and alternatively Centurions.

Saying that haven't seen massed Legionaries so perhaps I will find a room to test those.
 [Foo]fobbix

Размещено4 de ������� de 2018 - 23:33
Decided to go Hittite instead of random this time as it was 2v2v2v2, or actually 2v3v3 as it turned out. And 2 for my team :'( .

It seemed like 2v4/5 at times. I kept getting sandwiched between red and brown, and my ally got battered early on (and fled to just outside my base). Especially with the host not keeping the teams together and us starting on opposite sides of the map.

But I was mainly left untouched early on with walling around the shallows and managed to get my upgraded chariots straight away. Which rode over the effects of both red and brown with the help of 14/15 stables and 4/6 archery ranges for chariot archers.

Later on in the game orange disconnected with blue probably just swarming him with legionaries just as he did with purple, and brown was left dis-encouraged and decided to quit after two very unsuccessful attacks on my rear. Cyan turned out to be a rook so he didn't really do much, he did build a few centurions and ballista's (unless he was fighting orange/green), and unfortunately for red and blue they didn't give him any resources so they were limited to 200 pop (100 pop per player).

After brown quit, I decided the only way to win would be by building a wonder. Experience from previous games told me that. Green generously decided to go after blue, and help the team with 1.5 players win with a wonder. Purple did come back into the game after I gave him a load of resources, I didn't know that the coinage? in the market removed the 25% tribute fee, so it was quite a while before I saw that, thinking to myself- hmm.. I am in Iron Age aren't I? Why do I still have this tribute fee.

Wonder win does seem to go a bit quick I think. But then again the speed was on fast.

(In the pics) - Blue in the bottom-right is where purple (my ally was). At the end I was raiding red, but blue shown up and I was struggling to keep my side of the river. Actually I had just asked purple for help not realizing the wonder was on 1 years left and that the slight lag was either one of them quitting or just us winning.

So all in all Hittite are great if your a DM'er like me and are really good at having a strong eco with spamming lots of chariots. Knowing my luck they will probably downgrade them now though. The key to success with Hittite is 14 stables ;) . In 100 pop you also have to kill off some of your villagers to build an army and then recreate them. Fortunately TC's only cost 200 wood.

Would of been more interesting if brown didn't keep hitting me in the ass just after red started attacking me as I think I would of taken red. Initially I was wondering why he was attacking me but then I remembered that his army was with blues at purples (after it was over and I was rushing trying to help my ally- but they never message me they're being attacked, and that I think he was the same civ as blue so he should of done much better anyway).

[You must login to view link] [You must login to view link] [You must login to view link]

Anyway I think I have done playing AoE: DE BETA. I need to get some work done, and also have been working on my dark ages mod.

One Last Tip: If you play against the AI, select RM and the post-imperial age. That is the most challenging I have had from the AI. But then again not really challenging just fun.
 Gerarocher

Размещено8 de ������� de 2018 - 00:42
the game has no rate system and the graphics seems like empire earth
i want to see more blood
 _NiceKING_

Размещено17 de ������� de 2018 - 04:51
Gerarocher wrote:
the game has no rate system and the graphics seems like empire earth
i want to see more blood
What do you mean by rate system?

[1]
Показано 1 - 7 из of 7 посты
Быстрый пееход:
1Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,1гости

What's popular right now: