Tower Defense Discussion (League)

[DZ]_Omega

Размещено14 de ���� de 2017 - 19:04
I am supporting Team TD V2 but some rules will add in this League the rules are No Food sell and axe allowed are wont allow depends by vote system thanks :) :) :)
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 mich

Отредактировано14 de ���� de 2017 - 19:53mich
well there are a couple of TD maps i like, are PTOs considered as TD maps?
how about Fast Villi TD?
All rambit with Aetherfilths, and Snake, Solo, Blast, the 1v1 vs comp which are good..
dont see Dragon TD anymore, i think that would be awesome if it made a comeback,
Team TD, would be wonderful if they bring back Vicious TD, which i thought it was awesome.. too bad not a lot of people can play it and win, since 1 noob can mess it up for everyone.
Labrynth td too is cool and trees TD..
thats just my opinion on the matter, but u guys are doing good..

PTO's are different.
 ['RB']nhoobish

Отредактировано14 de ���� de 2017 - 20:31['RB']nhoobish
well there are a couple of TD maps i like, are PTOs considered as TD maps?
how about Fast Villi TD?
All rambit with Aetherfilths, and Snake, Solo, Blast, the 1v1 vs comp which are good..
dont see Dragon TD anymore, i think that would be awesome if it made a comeback,
Team TD, would be wonderful if they bring back Vicious TD, which i thought it was awesome.. too bad not a lot of people can play it and win, since 1 noob can mess it up for everyone.
Labrynth td too is cool and trees TD..
thats just my opinion on the matter, but u guys are doing good..

The ladder is aimed at player versus player situations, so all TDs where a team of people fight against the same opponent (AI, hunter) cannot make it into the map pool.
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Отредактировано15 de ���� de 2017 - 05:55[s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth
[IvC]woute wrote:
... but the problem with the td community not growing is, because no1 let new players try the map. Everyone says first watch 5 games and then u can try. The problem is that no1 is willing to teach new players the map (talking about teambonus td).

Thats bull**** and not the truth. you should know it better ...

You generalize a lie. Thats not a problem of CS but a problem of own character ...

I know only one who acting in this way.

And why is it so bad when "new ones" 1st watch the game before they are part of a game ?

I don't know how you starting with a unknown map but i read guides and watch games as spectator.

To play TDII (or any other map) you need basic map knowledge and during a game you can't teach "new ones" in a good way ... But you can watch what other experienced players do (Trade units, tower building, etc).

If people don't read existing guides (too lazy ?) and not willing to watch a game as spectator why should others do their job ....

Dej4Vu

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 06:57

You generalize a lie. Thats not a problem of CS but a problem of own character ...

I know only one who acting in this way.

And why is it so bad when "new ones" 1st watch the game before they are part of a game ?

I don't know how you starting with a unknown map but i read guides and watch games as spectator.

To play TDII (or any other map) you need basic map knowledge and during a game you can't teach "new ones" in a good way ... But you can watch what other experienced players do (Trade units, tower building, etc).

If people don't read existing guides (too lazy ?) and not willing to watch a game as spectator why should others do their job ....
when i started to play td teambonus like 4 years ago, the games used to be so different, ppl had the patience to teach us everything, also i did won my firts 5 matchs in a row, being newcomer thanks to some guy who did teach me pretty good but i dont even remember who was even :P.
then when this map were rated, i stopped playing it because it started to fill up with new point****s and also some ppl make new dumb rules as like "no sell food/no axe tower" ... wtf
 ['RB']nhoobish

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 07:37

There was a long period of time when Teams TD II and TD II games were password protected, so only known people could enter it. It can explain the character of host, but also noone else really welcomed newcomers.
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 08:51
I didn't realise people played a game of memory so seriously. Felt TD was like an RPG; played for ****s and giggles when people were tired of competitive games for the day.

Exposure can't hurt their community, making it a competitive mess probably will.
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 09:49
Dej4Vu wrote:
... also some ppl make new dumb rules as like "no sell food/no axe tower" ... wtf

In further times games with "axe towers" lead on to "endless gameplay". Matches with more than 3 hours game time get boring and has no thrill ... Specially when you play with 6/8 people in a game.

In 1vs1 or 2vs2 axe towers are to expensive and you will lost if you using these towers in these games ...

When you have enough speed as "forager" you are able to "sell food" in market. This is like using "38" in AI games ... The 1st one who reached this status has a hughe advantage ...

Both are "gentlemen rules" of the community and not scripted or written in stone ....

[s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 10:31
... played for ****s and giggles when people were tired of competitive games for the day.

Exposure can't hurt their community, making it a competitive mess probably will.

Depends on everyones point of view (like or dislike a map)

I would say the TDII Community is "top" when you wanna have fair and serious games.

We saved and restored games when someone lost connection. No one "quit" in the 1st minutes of a game cause we play always "Team Random".

Every community needs sometimes a thrill. And a Tower Defence League is not bad for the whole community.

The sheep vs wolf league is a good example.

You will find "point ****s" everywhere ... But you are able to decide if you wanna be part of this games and support these "****s" ...

As "Messiah of Complain" I would say it will be very stupid if someone will try to **** up a Tower Defence League with PT-Games ...
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 11:01
There was a long period of time when Teams TD II and TD II games were password protected, so only known people could enter it. It can explain the character of host, but also noone else really welcomed newcomers.

Using "password" or "Player join as spectators" is a normal thing when you wanna have skilled matches.

In CBA/Hero you have "range" related games for example. Thats much more restricted cause you can't spectate these games if you don't have the "range" ....

As I said I know only one guy (I had lost his "friendship" cause I let a "noob" play (in a unrated game ! :))) who acting in this way ....

Be "new" is always hard but I think the TD Community is one of the best communities in CS.
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Размещено15 de ���� de 2017 - 11:01
I'm not insinuating that TD games aren't played properly or respectfully, just that I don't view it as a legitimate staple in the competitive scene of current CS or its legacy. Perhaps giving it a decent league could prove me wrong - though I don't anticipate being wrong.

You can call people who ruin ladders every name under the sun, it doesn't deter them. Pretty difficult to get even such a sp**** community to unite against these kind of players.
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Отредактировано15 de ���� de 2017 - 13:08[s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth
The Tower Defence League is coming. That is absolutely certain.*

Now we shall discuss the details (List of maps)

*Mich can't proclaim this historic event cause she sleeps now .... ;bleh
 ['RB']nhoobish

Отредактировано15 de ���� de 2017 - 12:16['RB']nhoobish
When you have enough speed as "forager" you are able to "sell food" in market. This is like using "38" in AI games ... The 1st one who reached this status has a hughe advantage ...

This is considered cheating or abuse of game bug, since the game trigger list with the mechanism that tributes all food away from players is refreshed less often than programmable mouses and macro softwares or auto-c****s.
I didn't realise people played a game of memory so seriously. Felt TD was like an RPG; played for ****s and giggles when people were tired of competitive games for the day.

This is why I basically only support Teams TD II being in a league, since it has been rated for years already and people have taken it seriously far longer. Moreover, mostly going random civilization and random teams in that scenario creates unique combinations which to a player has to adapt in order to compete, unlike in Ancient TD where you are put up against the same odds every time and with time you can remember the correct path to survive all waves.

[s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Отредактировано15 de ���� de 2017 - 13:14[s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth
This is considered cheating or abuse of game bug ...

Sell and buy resources (without technical aid) in market is always allowed. Its a normal AOC thing and part of the game.

Building a "trap" for the path crossing dinos or build ..... near the enemy berrie spots to prevent/disturb foraging is more exploiting a map bug than sell resources in market.

In FFA TD Maps (like ancient TD) "good" TD Players sells always food/wood at begin of the game to get +1king for relics or anything else ...

The crap is ... when you are not fast enough ... you get a significant lower price for your resources.

We can discuss if this is fair or not but its for sure not exploiting a map bug.
 [MM]Gallas

Отредактировано15 de ���� de 2017 - 15:56[MM]Gallas
In TD team bonus food selling is an abuse! It's against the concept, otherwise Rambit would not make the food removing trigger. Just because you can outplay it by something, not means it's fine now. No.

And I even tell you something more.. I could fully remove food selling by editing the mod. I not did it before only because I respect the TD community more than doing an individual change in their game. But if this going to be a problem (as people can't stop doing it even when was asked to), then I may change my mind.

About dino trap: It's fine, because that's going as it was made.

About axe tower: This is a match etiquette thing. Best would be imo an option at begin, so people can vote yes/no, instead of host decide.

12[3]4567
Показано 31 - 45 из of 92 посты
Быстрый пееход:
2Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,2гости