(2014) - Competitive Scenario Reviews

['RB']nhoobish

Отредактировано31 de ������ de 2017 - 11:12[MM]Gallas
Golden Empires - by _MuZZa
  • Ease of Play 20/25 - Small and fun scenario. Seems easy at start, but gets more complicated and challenging by minute. I feel like the amount of stores is overwhelming and not needed and scares people off too, because they get killed by something they weren't aware of.
  • Playablity 20/25 - You said it was meant for FFA, but 2v2 also. It's easy to get teamed on in FFA and players can get frustrated a lot. The fact that stores are quite complicated can be frustrating for new players aswell. Playing it casually was really enjoyable.
  • Creativity 20/25 - There have been some alike scenarios around, but not too many. Multiple stores and the execution of the idea makes it quite unique among other scenarios that are out there.
  • Balance 11/15 - Every player has a same start with others. If went random civs and a player get Turks then he 100% going to win. Some things in game can be a bit overpowered for the cost of gold you can get it. Fairly balanced.
  • Design 8/10 - The design and the layout of the map is nice and fits the theme. Although it seems that the bases for people are unfair, it could be just me and my eyes, but that's what it seems to me.
  • Total points 79/100

Wish land bye the LyF clan - by LYF_boothman1
  • Ease of Play 10/25 - This is RM/DM mixture, so it could be played, but I imagine people would rather play Art of War or Europe or other already known scenarios out there or just RM/DM.
  • Playablity 12/25 - It could be fun to play with friends, but the scenario is too big for it's purpose and it would take too long to kill everyone. For me it was fun couple of minutes, but then mood started to stop. I would rather play something else than this.
  • Creativity 8/25 - Nothing unique or new, just same old things.
  • Balance 7/15 - The game should be balanced, but the layout of the terrain and buildings makes it a bit unfair. It's not completely fair for every player.
  • Design 5/10 - Almost suits the battle purpose, but it's too big to be just grass plains. Could have added other types of terrain like in RM/DM.
  • Total points 42/100

Big Castle Blood - by KnightMon
  • Ease of Play 18/25 - Not so attractive, because of the map size, but still it's better than some old popular Castle Bloods. So it could attract an active player-base.
  • Playablity 16/25 - The start of the game is quite fun, but it starts slowly losing it's fun. If the game is quick it remains fun. I would prefer to play some other scenarios over this though.
  • Creativity 17/25 - There are some new things, which make it unique among other maps. It is a Castle Blood map and there are plenty of those out there.
  • Balance 5/15 - The costs of buys in strores are really unfair. Some things are so overpowered compared to others, but are only costing 2-3 kings more. The game should be All Techs, because I noticed certain players didn't get Paladins and it being the strongest unit of the game for quite long time.
  • Design 7/10 - The stores are too cramped and the terrain doesn't fit to the battle theme. The layout is fine.
  • Total points 63/100

MERCENERY BLOOD REGICIDE - by rabid_wolf
  • Ease of Play 23/25 - This is a quick funny mini-game looking scenario. It certainly could catch the eye of players who like some fun quick games.
  • Playablity 20/25 - The fact you have 4 kings is a bit annoying, because you have to split your attention among them, so they may get killed easily and then the other players still have their 4 and are therefore ahead.
  • Creativity 20/25 - I like the idea, I had a similar idea way back I started making scenarios, but I never made it. It's pretty unique among other scenarios with it's mix of genres. Would have loved to see more options and a bigger map.
  • Balance 10/15 - I am not entirely convinced that the prices of units are fair. A War Elephant costs 200 gold and a Plumed Archer 50, the kings should also have extra starting HP against fast rush.
  • Design 8/10 - the design of the scenario seemed okay, could have been better though.
  • Total points 81/100

Silmarillion GOLD - by Icey
  • Ease of Play 23/25 - RP alike game. It already attracts quite a lot of random people to play it.
  • Playablity 23/25 - People with older computers may ruin a game fo everyone, because the scenario requires a somewhat normal computer to run it properly.
  • Creativity 24/25 - You can't really go beyond RP game that is mixed with many other genres. Feels like it's a whole new game.
  • Balance 10/15 - The recent edits of the scenario make it not so balaned. All in all, the gameplay is balanced, because it relies more on the strategy of players than the units themselves.
  • Design - 7/10 - The design is a bit spoiled by him, it used to be better and much more prettier. Now some places look really ugly.
  • Total points 87/100 - If this had been Silmarillion 8 b then I would have rated it 101/100.

Medieval Europe Total War - by Chimaera__
  • Ease of Play 23/25 - Has the potential of people playing it, although, has a problem for getting someone to host it, because it isn't so common.
  • Playablity 24/25 - Fun to play in a RP/Diplomatical way with stranges or friends.
  • Creativity 21/25 - There could be more options and features like conquering a city. At the moment you just kill it and then it's gone forever. Certainly can be improved.
  • Balance 15/15 - In a Diplomacy game everything should be perfectly balanced, because you depend on your talking skills. If you fail to make allies or fail to make peace there's a high chance unit balance will do you no good anyway.
  • Design 9/10 - Making a real world map scenario is difficult with the measures of AoC. There are parts that could be made more accurate.
  • Total points 92/100

Hardcore Blood - by jizzy
  • Ease of Play 20/25 - Bloods maps are generally popular in the community, so this has a chance also.
  • Playablity 15/25 - I am not sure about the Harald being win/loss condition. In TG this game won't last even seconds, because it would be all about the Haralds. Just stack 4 of them together and rush someone.
  • Creativity 20/25 - Quite unique Blood map. Like a crossbreed of UDP and Bloods. Very interesting.
  • Balance 10/15 - The unit line seems balanced, but the Harald part is not.
  • Design 7/10 - Bloods are better made in a star shape like Smosh, Veteran and many other are. Also 3 middle power-ups is a bad choice, you need 4 middles, because there are 4 players on each side.
  • Total points 72/100

CBA Monks v1 - by Do0m
  • Ease of Play 20/25 - This is CBA, so the same players, who like CBA could also like this. CBA players looking for a different experience could also play it.
  • Playablity 15/25 - CBA isn't really that fun normally, but you made it more complicated and annoying by adding monks.
  • Creativity 10/25 - Not much uniqueness at all, you added some improvements and some new features though.
  • Balance 13/15 - It seemed quite balanced, but balance in CBA depends a lot on the civilizations on the players, so the map itself is fairly balaned with mirror civilizations.
  • Design 7/10- The design suits the theme, but you didn't really design it yourself, you keeped it so.
  • Total points 65/100

Sea-BA Hero - Ghost_0
  • Ease of Play 20/25 - All modded maps are quite attractive these days. Has the potential to be popular.
  • Playablity 20/25 - I would this is more fun than normal CBA Hero, because of the boats, which have more variety to the game.
  • Creativity 22/25 - Using boats in scenarios is quite unique and there are not many water maps there.
  • Balance 5/15 - I don't think the boats are really that balanced. Throughout the civilizations the boats should be split so, that every civilization is balanced. At the moment there are some really overpowered civilizations, because of a really good unique unit and a really good boat.
  • Design 5/10 - For CB scenarios the layout of bases and players is bad. People in the middle can be easily teamed against and the corner players are really hard to kill. You should have sticked to the original CBA Hero map layout.
  • Total points 72/100

Map: The Worst map ever - by evilj93
  • Ease of Play 10/25 - Such race maps aren't so popular anymore. But they could be again, if they get promoted more. Though, this wasn't so good, could be improved.
  • Playablity 20/25 - All race maps are annoying, so you shouldn't force the players use teamwork among themselves, because only one of them can win. That isn't really fun you same time have to rely on teamwork with someone else, who actually is your enemy, but not set as enemy.
  • Creativity 12/25 - I hoped to see more to it...
  • Balance 5/15 - The difficulties were really out of order. Couldn't even get to second checkpoint with Medium Level, even though I consider myself an experienced player in such maps.
  • Design 3/10 - Too standard and too empty. Needs a lot of eye-candy.
  • Total points 50/100
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 ['RB']nhoobish

Размещено3 de ������ de 2015 - 17:29
You need to wait for 4 other judges to post their reviews. Nothing is decided yet.
 Ghost_0

Размещено3 de ������ de 2015 - 17:30
ok sorry
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Размещено3 de ������ de 2015 - 18:13
where is kitchen blood
im disappointed in you nhoob ;nonono
 ['RB']nhoobish

Размещено3 de ������ de 2015 - 18:19
It was disqualified by the organizer.
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Размещено5 de ������ de 2015 - 12:12
Oh man you should see my Grush wars map.
 [MM]Gallas

Отредактировано6 de ������ de 2015 - 00:41[MM]Gallas
- Big Castle Blood - BCB V4 by KnightMon

Ease of Play (12/25) - The map is bigger than it should, also the shop reading need more time than it should take.
Playability (14/25) - Because of the size of map the gameplay is really slow (it should be 1/4 than now). Only suggested for 4v4 games or ffa with 8 player or you can have some bad times.
Creativity (21/25) - The base idea looks good, but creator went too much far away to the wrong way by the confusing shop and unnecessary distances.
Balance (6/15) - Really bad idea base the map on the shop, if it have lots of option: if you know the weak points of the game you will anyway. You cannot do rushes due to size of map, also some cost/power balance making it ridiculous.
Design (6/10) - As blood map it's not necessary to have nice terrain, but as a big map, it could have more stuffs around middle. Good point the shop looks nice, but too much option ruin it.
Overall: 59 from 100

- CBA Hero In The Sea (Sea-BA Hero v8) by Ghost_0

Ease of Play (22/25) - The map looks like a common CB, but with the power of modding this one giving more features. It's take some games to figure out what exactly changed by new .dat file.
Playability (21/25) - I would give 26/25 because the creator used ships from my BattleShip Blood, but this won't happen. With new units it's quite fun to play with this map, but sometimes I wanna see it without ships, or only with ships.
Creativity (19/25) - Ships or not ships, the map not that unique. The base idea really good (even it's a wanna be CBA), but I suggest new maps with different locations, but same armies.
Balance (7/15) - This is the biggest weakness of the map. The locations just giving minor dis/advantages for colors (distance from middle), but isn't the worst problem. As a mod you HAVE TO balance the ships for the civs. It's absurd you gave strong ships to strong civs.
Design (7/10) - The map not looks as good as it could. As a mod, it could have lot's of eye-candies without affecting in game (not counting here the bases' locations). Also you can remove the CBA-like options from game, you can do it by modding tricks.
Overall: 76 from 100

- CBA - Monks v1 by [GvR]Do0m

Ease of Play (24/25) - If you like CBA you will try this (except if you hate changes). After few games and reading stuffs you can enjoy the new options (or dislike).
Playability (17/25) - It's good and bad at same time. It's more challenging by new features, but also ruin common gameplay. Make sure you understand everything how it's works, or you won't like it.
Creativity (12/25) - It's still CBA, which means, hard to give/change something without make it into a terrible map, and remember, it's NOT a new map, so I cannot give more.
Balance (15/15) - It's seems the creator focusing at this point the most (over the new options), but need tons of games to see clearly (and in all situation) how it fits into the known "CBA gamestyle".
Design (2/10) - Some new options, but thats all.
Overall: 70 from 100

- Golden Empires by [MM]_MuZZa

Ease of Play (16/25) - At the first look it's terrifying, but after figuring out what is what you can enjoy it. Make sure you read stuffs, or you will quit asap.
Playability (21/25) - As I see this map can be really good or really bad for the player community. If you don't like managing economy, like in RM with some CS elements (or some RM element with CS gameplay?) this map is not for you. With friends this map is enjoyable, if they are open for something different.
Creativity (23/25) - This map remind me only few what I saw before. It have elements like the old [You must login to view link], and [You must login to view link].
Balance (12/15) - The cost of units seems ok for me, but I suggest more balancetests in future. The distances and bases for players looks fair.
Design (7/10) - The locations of golds seems like made by an [You must login to view link], but the dessert under gold hurts my eyes (mostly for yellow player).
Overall: 79 from 100

- Hardcore Blood by +[MM]jason

Ease of Play (24/25) - If you like bloods, this map is for you. Detailed instructions, easy to play, hard to master, good back-up options.
Playability (20/25) - If you learn how to use your shop/hero and managing your army around one of the middle bonus you will have some great time. Sadly to easy to lose.
Creativity (24/25) - As a blood map, this one got my attention. Unique and fun gameplay, but unitline could be better.
Balance (9/15) - If you playing FFA, or with fixed colors and allies together in team games it could be okay, but the "don't lose hero" makes it really hard. Also the locations of bases not really fair (even with multiple middle zones).
Design (9/10) - The map a bit too big, but the warzone looks awesome. The eye-candies at middle with snow and the moving projectiles gives a really big bonus. The bases could be a bit better.
Overall: 86 from 100

- LOTR - The Silmarillion GOLDV1 by Icey

Ease of Play (18/25) - Somebody really like, somebody really hate. If you have older computer (and slower internet), this map not suggested, due to massive lag. Must play if you are LotR fan.
Playability (17/25) - The massive number of units need lot of attention where and how to use, which can be frustrating. Lot of learn and good team mates (who teaching) need to enjoy this map.
Creativity (16/25) - This one is hard to rate for me. Since, there are many other maps like this (LotR and other RP games), I don't know how it is unique, how many work behind this, how many stuffs copied from other's project.
Balance (9/15) - The tons of armies makes it both fair and unfair. You need to pay attention to many location and managing huge armies. Suggested only for players, who wanna enjoy RP with friends.
Design (6/10) - The map is detailed with lot of eye-candies, but some places looks boring, with a good mod, it could be awesome.
Overall: 66 from 100

- Medieval Europe Total War by [RPG]Chimaera

Ease of Play (17/25) - It's hard to see this map hosted, maybe just types of maps like this not preferred. Due to massive lag if you have older computer (and slower internet) this map not suggested.
Playability (20/25) - If you like diplo map with RP this is for you. Make sure you play with players, who knows his/her role in game, so you it can be as fun as it should, but it's liked only by a small group of the player community.
Creativity (10/25) - There are few similar map like this, and I cannot see uniqueness. I suggest give it more RP features and event.
Balance (11/15) - As diplo map it looks fine, but in random TG not looks really fair.
Design (8/10) - Map looks fine but few minor eye-candies could be great.
Overall: 66 from 100

- MERCENERY BLOOD REGICIDE! by [LyF]rabid_wolf

Ease of Play (19/25) - This map more like Risk game, than regicide. Bad point you have to know all shop's location or you can lose really fast. Good point you can learn base elements of the map.
Playability (21/25) - It's easy to play, but you have to focus at many locations. The shops are badly designed (you can destroy it and trolling enemy).
Creativity (20/25) - It's hard to find games like this, but it need updates.
Balance (10/15) - The map itself seems like based on a random map, the start seems fair and the computer p8's blocks, but the shops' and golds' locations and prices making it unbalanced game.
Design (5/10) - Terrain looks boring and shops need more work (make it unkillable and use hay sacks instead of walls).
Overall: 75 from 100

- The Worst Map Ever by clcannon

Ease of Play (24/25) - Sarcastic name and I wasn't disappointed. If you like TTF or other kind of fun maps, this made for you.
Playability (18/25) - The levels of traps as fun as frustrating to play again and again. Lack of save point, allies trolling and other kin of evil things. Recommended only with friend who have patience.
Creativity (18/25) - You won't believe it, but I have a same unfinished project like this from around 2010. With more levels and save points and less "dodge or die" stuffs, it could be epic.
Balance (3/15) - This map have like zero balance as FFA map (only one can win at end, even if you can team to pass for saves), but gave 3 point, coz why not.
Design (2/10) - I gave one point for "some" stuff, and one more because used few uncommon trick. Maybe if it could have interesting levels like TTF and map 100% used . . . but seems like creator ran out of ideas.
Overall: 65 from 100

- Wish land bye the LyF clan by [LyF]KingBoothman1

Ease of Play (21/25) - This map is like a DM, but you starts with a small base and free paladin every sec (don't forget move it . . . just for fun).
Playability (9/25) - I'm finding it really boring, since for scenario it's too empty, but for DM it's too much stuff on map.
Creativity (4/25) - I cannot see anything new or interesting.
Balance (5/15) - If you wanna see an example how to ruin balance by bad design, this is it. Distances, size of bases, unnecessary object and bad cliffs, but as DM it's not really mater.
Design (2/10) - Poorly made, too big and have no idea why not used base terrain of a random map and reworked it.
Overall: 41 from 100
 Barsta

Размещено10 de ������ de 2015 - 18:30
Barry Competitive Scenario Reviews

Contents:

Ease of Play
I remember playing this long ago. I had built a large army of onagers that got wiped out by a bridge being blown up. I quit instantly in a rage. Theres a lot of stuff that a new player won't know and it will be annoying.
15/25

Playability
Its similiar to a hitmanless map and the gameplay is just as entertaining. A lot of fun to be had.
25/25

Creativity
A twist on old concepts but still has enough different things to not feel stale.
20/25

Balance
I'm reluctant to take too much off for civ problems but one player as turks would be a bad time.
13/15

Design
Simple but effective. It might hurt some peoples eyes though.
8/10

Total Points

81/100

Ease of Play
The concept is simple and easy to pick up.
22/25

Playability
Goes on far too long.
8/25

Creativity
Simple maps with nothing new.
5/25

Balance
Not totally fair but not too bad in my opinion. Some bases are tiny but you will expand out of them fast anyway.
12/15

Design
It is designed for a big war but it goes too far. Too much empty land.
3/10

Total Points

50/100

Ease of Play
A big map, but its meant to be and says so in the map name.
20/25

Playability
Personally I don't like these maps but I say the same about CBF. Someone out there will enjoy this.
18/25

Creativity
Its another castle blood map so its hard to award much here.
15/25

Balance
The gameplay balance isn't great. If all players have the same civs its not too bad though. Stores are badly thought out.
6/15

Design
It does what it says in the map name.
7/10

Total Points

66/100

Ease of Play
May be tricky for new players who have never played risk style maps. If one guy knows the best places to go from the start its tough.
18/25

Playability
It can be pretty fun, I'd certainly prefer it toworld risk.
20/25

Creativity
Its a fusion of different map styles and I like it.
20/25

Balance
This ones tough, while players start out in the same area only one can claim the spawn points. If they are both going for a strong unit one will be in trouble if he is late.
12/15

Design
I really like the look of this map. Its nothing fancy but it just feels right.
9/10

Total Points

79/100

Ease of Play
Not something you'd take up lightly, even for someone who has played these maps before.
18/25

Playability
If you get past the first few games you will have found a game type you will love for life.
25/25

Creativity
Little creativity went into this as it is an edit of an old map.
10/25

Balance
Cannot be completely fair but it does a decent job. One side will always be attacking and the other defending. The side attacking can change late game.
12/15

Design
It has to double as a battle map and one that looks similiar to middle earth. It does a decent job of both.
9/10

Total Points

74/100

Ease of Play
The same as LoTR maps, tough to get into.
18/25

Playability
As for LoTR it can be an excellent map to play.
25/25

Creativity
It is more original than most maps of these types but still uses a shared concept.
18/25

Balance
Not so sure on this one. It can't be totally balanced or the map would not be what it is.
12/15

Design
Good map of europe.
9/10

Total Points

82/100

Ease of Play
Easy to pick up as long as you understand the harald has to survive.
23/25

Playability
A very good and fresh map.
25/25

Creativity
Takes an old map type and makes it feel new.
22/25

Balance
Points taken off for the middle locations.
13/15

Design
Its not pretty but it does not need to be. Serves its purpose.
8/10

Total Points

93/100

CBA Monks v1 - by Do0m

Ease of Play
CBA with some changes but its still easy to learn.
24/25

Playability
If you like CBA you should enjoy this.
21/25

Creativity
Has some excellent changes but remains a CBA map.
15/25

Balance
Like all CBA maps it has balance issues. This is part of the appeal so I can't be harsh.
12/15

Design
Does what it has to without being different to the original map.
8/10

Total Points

80/100

Sea-BA Hero - Ghost_0

Ease of Play
It might be based on CBA Hero but its different enough to confuse new players.
18/25

Playability
It seems to be fairly addictive.
20/25

Creativity
The boats are interesting and fun.
20/25

Balance
Less balanced than CBA Hero which is saying a lot.
5/15

Design
Not a fan of the layout.
3/10

Total Points

66/100

Ease of Play
Simple but still a bit confusing in a way.
20/25

Playability
As a TTF fan its hard to judge race maps. Nothing will ever compare to TTF. This seems to borrow elements from that map but it doesn't inspire me.
15/25

Creativity
Theres a good few interesting tricks in this map. It needs a lot of work though.
15/25

Balance
Well its as fair or unfair for one player as for the other.
15/15

Design
Felt very bland and boring to me.
2/10

Total Points

67/100
 Icey

Размещено15 de ������ de 2015 - 04:17
This ****ing bull**** on my creativity level is trucking bull****

What OLDER EDITS
 Icey

Размещено17 de ������ de 2015 - 06:53
Love how nhoob gave his own map A 92
 ['RB']nhoobish

Размещено17 de ������ de 2015 - 12:21
Would have given Silm 8 b more than METW, too bad you ruined it though and then entered the contest with the GOLD edit.
 [MM]Gallas

Размещено17 de ������ de 2015 - 13:06
Both of you calm down! That's his opinion which map how many score earned. Therefore why I wanted more judges to obtain clearer results, instead of arguing.
 Icey

Отредактировано17 de ������ de 2015 - 21:27Icey
If you see no problem with a judge rating his own map then I have little hope for the fairness of this judging. Also considering all judges play similar games

If I entered 8b I'd get a higher score? Barry gave me a ****ing ten on creativity because I edited my own work?
 ['RB']nhoobish

Отредактировано17 de ������ de 2015 - 22:49['RB']nhoobish
Icey wrote:
If you see no problem with a judge rating his own map then I have little hope for the fairness of this judging. Also considering all judges play similar games
It was shared work from Chimaera and me both. I was mostly creating triggers, while he was busy with the artistic side of it. METW is as much as Chim's as it is mine.
Icey wrote:
If I entered 8b I'd get a higher score?
Do you understand how foolish you are? I have over 50 Silmarillion edits that were made after the Silm 8 b, which prove that your creations were not good, because there was a need for you to edit them over and over again. Also, if I look at the Silmarillion GOLD thread, I see a lot of hate there towards the map, which only proves my point again. Only you can't see what you do wrong, eventhough the entire LotR community was against your changes and we tried to reason with you, but you just didn't listen.
Icey wrote:
Barry gave me a ****ing ten on creativity because I edited my own work?
Silmarillion was not originally made by you as a scenario. The whole concept was put into a scenario by Turgon and Maeglin, you know it very well. You adding more units and triggers or removing some does not add much on creativity scale.
 [MM]_krmyth9

Отредактировано21 de ������ de 2015 - 02:02[MM]_krmyth9
Thanks to all who have participated in this Competitive Scenario category! Thank you as well for your patience as we tested and gave our input on each map. My response is as follows. If you have any questions for me about my feedback on your projects. Please don't hesitate to leave me a message in my inbox or find me in the CS lobby.

COMPETITIVE MAPS

• Ease of Play 23/25 Very similar to a “hitmanless hitman”. Multiple strategies can be inflicted. The map size was very appropriate for four players.
• Playability 24/25 No problems detected. The games never took extremely long to complete, though it's definitely not a rush map either.
• Creativity 20/25 Excellent idea, shop and layout. The minor issue would be it’s ability to become an addicting map played over and over. It’s unique when compared to other hitman maps, and has more to it.
• Balance 15/15 The only imbalance would rely in civs, which is up to the players rather than the mapmaker. Everyone has a fair chance of building up and taking out each other.
• Design 9/10 Pretty flawless and symmetrical. The players didn’t have much to complain about, rather than bridges being blown up but I rather like that concept, even though it may put a dent in a player’s desire to play the map again.
Total: 91/100

• Ease of Play 11/25 It’s a deathmatch style game, with a little more of starting items. However, it takes a very long amount of time to achieve a victory, team game or FFA.
• Playability 10/25 Have a lengthy amount of time set aside if you want to play this, as it drags on for a very long time. I had the upper hand against my opponents but it took absolutely forever to finish them off.
• Creativity 3/25 This seemed to be a very short, and not well thought-out project. Players get unlimited resources (though P4 in my game complained about a wood shortage), a few castles, 5 villagers, and walls and towers. The key to this map is to keep your 5 villagers alive, as you can’t make any more.
• Balance 10/15 With the bases not symmetrical from one another, some spots have slight position advantages. Other than the poorly shaped terrain, the rest is fair game.
• Design 2/10 Uneven design and bases. The layout of the whole map is very sloppy. Further, the map is huge; needs to be a couple sizes smaller so it drags on less.
Total: 36/100

• Ease of Play 18/25 Has moments that can drag on, due to how far enemies are from each other. Other than that, the rest I considered to be satisfactory enough.
• Playability 16/25 It can be pretty easy to pick up and start off, but it’s also very easy for the game to drag on and take a while to finish; an aspect not very appealing for players.
• Creativity 21/25 A unique take of CB/Bloods that I like to see. The random spawn points bring a “Risk” type game feeling.
• Balance 9/15 Similar to RCB, it comes down to the knowledge of the store and what’s best to buy; a skill that takes time to develop.
• Design 5/10 Even for 8 players, the map is too large. That set aside, the rest of the layout is simple (no real eye candy or anything of the sort).
Total: 62/100

• Ease of Play 13/25 Doesn’t last too long when I play it, as many got confused or frustrated even when I explained it and gave the link.
• Playability 15/25 Often the game ends quick, with players randomly finding GAIA castles where enemy kings are about to run, or when they manage to recruit a fast unit right off the bat (like cataphracts that are near the starting position).
• Creativity 21/25 Loved the idea of the game. It gave me a feeling of playing “risk” but with you having to pay gold for your spawns.
• Balance 6/15 It’s really a race to a lot of GAIA objects. Players who have played before will easily crush beginners. It’s not a noob-friendly map.
• Design 5/10 A bit on the sloppy side. Not much in the way of eye candy.
Total: 60/100

• Ease of Play 16/25 It can get pretty laggy with the large armies. I also feel that non-LOTR fans would have a hard time getting into this map. It’s popularity would be hard to ignite.
• Playability 15/25 Without good teammates, it can be extremely hard as each players needs to be very familiar with their role and their units. It’s not too beginner friendly.
• Creativity 17/25 RP games are fun and take some thinking outside the box. It still feels a lot like the other LOTR games though with nothing too huge going about it.
• Balance 7/15 It’s never easy to say that any LOTR type map is “fair”. One side tends to get a much larger army and the other side tends to get more ranged units and/or heroes. The fact is (obviously) that players don’t have the same starting items so a lot of things make it unbalanced.
• Design 7/10 Good eye candy to the map. A lot of time and effort was clearly put into the design. Though not symmetrical and some spots are clearly an imbalance to certain players where they are losing spots pretty quickly. Still, a lot of that relies on strategy.
Total: 62/100

• Ease of Play 14/25 Each of the 8 players has +500 units; making it a very laggy map that drags on.
• Playability 17/25 Easy for LOTR veterans to pick up. For noobs, it’s a harder one to acquire.
• Creativity 22/25 A LOTR-type diplo map with some cool factions are a nice idea.
• Balance 6/15 Very much like LOTR maps; it revolves around keeping your ranged units alive, as they are the ones who dominate the game. All units on this map have high stats, giving an obvious advantage to archers. Depending on diplomacies, game can be heavily unbalanced as friends will dominate the game, and positions are not evenly distributed.
• Design 7/10 Has a bit of eye candy to it. Not overly impressive though.
Total: 66/100

• Ease of Play 23/25 Very easy to pick up, with a decent game flow. Knowing what to do at first play is an easy second nature for any experienced CS player.
• Playability 23/25 I enjoy the suspense that the game could be over for you at any moment. When a player gets ahead via kills, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he will win it, unlike most other blood maps.
• Creativity 21/25 It brings a very unique UDP/Blood mix feeling. The store units bring a nice twist to it as well. The rest of the contents are on the simple side.
• Balance 14/15 All players start with the same items and have the same upgrade paths. The unit upgrades are a suitable leveling up path.
• Design 7/10 The main kill arena is excellent, but the bases could use a little extra, a couple of towers by the gates perhaps.
Total: 88/100

CBA Monks v1 - by Do0m
• Ease of Play 20/25 Just as easy to pick up as CBA is. It’s a super simple map… but with a monk. CBA players will easily acclimate to this map if it ever gained momentum.
• Playability 11/25 Just as playable as CBA, but with monks that annoyed my fellow testers. They’d prefer to play without.
• Creativity 1/25 Slapping on a monk into an already well-known game; it’s like adding in a fourth villager in random map or giving the players a hero unit instead of scout.
• Balance 7/15 Same balance as CBA really. Some civs will really trump other civs.
• Design 1/10 It’s the same design as CBA, with very little additions to it. The credit does not belong to you so I won’t award you points for that.
Total: 40/100

Sea-BA Hero - Ghost_0
• Ease of Play 22/25 An easy one to catch on to, though it would take a while to master. Knowing which ships are good against which would take time to get down, not necessarily a bad thing as long as players are willing to give the time and effort. This scenario does have potential to be popular for a lengthy amount of time.
• Playability 20/25 No major errors or bugs from my experiences. Positions are suitable.
• Creativity 20/25 The vast variety of ships add a plus, as does the idea of the most popular CS map being transitioned to a water arena. The anti camp feature was excellent as well.
• Balance 10/15 All players have the same starting buildings, same kill and razings rewards, which lays a good foundation… The big unbalance is always going to be with civs, but each civ has it’s specialty. Players could always go team random.
• Design 8/10 Simple and symmetrical enough, as CB maps go.
Total: 80/100

• Ease of Play 5/25 None of us got to the first checkpoint on medium difficulty. I am an experienced TTF player and so were those I tested this with, and they found it to be very aggravating. Several Robin Hood’s right at the start that you could only maneuver around successfully by them shooting at your competitors… made it more on the unpleasant side.
• Playability 8/25 My friends who tested this with me were raging and stormed out of the game. I enjoy challenges, but in a map where to difficulty is to this extreme, players aren’t going to want to play it over and over. They play it once or twice and decide it’s too infuriating.
• Creativity 22/25 A thought outside the box on this one. Though very similar to TTF, it differs extremely from your typical blood map or CBA.
• Balance 5/15 Diabolical with any less than 6-7 players. This was without lag too.
• Design 4/10 Not much in the way of eye candy here. Terrain wasn’t given a whole lot of effort.
Total: 44/100

*Reviews for the Cooperative and Mod categories are still being processed and will be released soon.

[1]2
Показано 1 - 15 из of 16 посты
Быстрый пееход:
2Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,2гости

What's popular right now: