Roll The Dice !

syssouffle

Размещено22 de ������ de 2012 - 21:02
omg no it's bug... i understand now why i got so much gold, need to be fixed i think
Ссылка | Ответить | Цитата
 Dynd

Отредактировано27 de ������ de 2012 - 16:16Dynd
The download link doesn't work for me, or am I doing something wrong?
Kohana_Exception [ 0 ]: The requested route does not exist: weberror ~ SYSPATH/classes/kohana/route.php [ 106 ]

Edit: Nevermind, seems to work now. Temporal website outtage.
 Chavos

Размещено26 de ������ de 2012 - 22:42
Ive won the last 8 games with -2000hp, even it works well for me, i think is an easy way to win, maybe more hp for outpost or make it more expensive. just a suggestion
 WeeNi

Отредактировано7 de ������� de 2012 - 22:29WeeNi
My Dearest Azzzru;

I hope my letter finds you well and in good health. How I sincerely adore thee. lol.

Here is a tiny request from Players and my own insight since I'm a daily player of RTD.

THIS GAME IS EPIC (sometimes). Only if you can survive the first 10 minutes. Why not make every game epic?

There is problem with the gameplay. Let me compare to other maps. When another game is over between players, generally it ends close to the same time. At least most of the players get to play for a good 10 - 15 minutes before first death.

On start of this game, any player can attack another players tower repeatedly. That attacked player will surely die within the first 5 minutes. A big problem comes from when there are newbs who join, they see the first tower on little fire and think its' about to go. Then all noobs attack that tower, and that player or I've even seen 3 players go out way before their time.

Why this is bad?
1. There is only 1 full game of RTD at any given time right now since it's still catching on. Sometimes there is 2. But if you wait for game for 20 mins, then join, then die in 2 mins, it's really really frustrating and makes user not want to play map again, maybe just quit and go back to cba or something.

2. Games are extremely short when this occurs. Especially if there are 5-6 players, all the sudden 3 people are gone, now all the food is gone. Epic games cannot occur with early tower demolition.

3. Regarding epic games, this does become epic once users start spending carts on items. Then all hell breaks loose and it's every man for himself. Very frustrating if you can't even spend 2 trade carts before your tower is trashed.

4. This is bad for business, especially for noobs who are first timers. They have not seen the game potential as they play once, their tower is gone in 5 minutes, they never play again, nor do they consider playing again. They are forever shunned away from map.

Many of us have to counter-attack people from destroying map on game start. For instance today, there were 4 of us who attacked a player just because he almost destroyed another "regular player's"s tower within 5 minutes. That player was booted by ganging up but the initially attacked "regular player" stayed until end of game. The other 5 players did not touch his tower for at least 20-25 mins.

Solution: I don't have solution, but since i'm writing this, here are maybe some suggestions that in no way means its the way to change the map as I'm just thinking of them over last 5 minutes to only give you ideas. Hopefully these will find a way into you and some of them make sense for map building as i'm no expert in scenario design, nor am I even intermediate, but we really like your map.

1. Have timer at start of map where no tower gets damaged for 5 - 10 minutes.
2. Have player who attacks another tower, get their own tower damaged.
3. Have fire in reverse so as not to confuse noobs who attack slightly burning tower. (In 8 player game, if 4 are noob, all 4 go for burning towers, then it's over faster than I can cook a hot pocket for snack)
4. Don't even have towers for 5-10 minutes, have them spawn later.
5. Tower doesn't spawn until after you reach 20 kills, then have 10 minute timer on tower before it can be damaged.
6. Consider multiple types of towers that can be purchased from the store or make a "Whole New Store" as a tower store and you can't spend on other items until you have purchased a tower, e.g.
a. Tower with palisade wall around it
b. Tower with stone wall or fortified
c. Tower with Garrison ability, give timer for amount of time in tower allowed.
d. A tower that spawns randomly for 5 seconds at different areas on the map, but has super low HP. (probably a bad idea to implement)
e. A tower that shoots arrows or something, but must sacrifice some other game component such as lower gold spawn rate, or can't pick up broken trade carts or can't pick up relics or can't use super store for entire game.
f. Tower with 3 haystacks around it, making it only attack-able from 1 position from infantry or rams.
g. Instead of regular tower, buy slowly decaying tower that gives you special ability such as +1hp/ap per time frame but your tower decays within 20 minutes. Giving you only 20 minutes to either win or lose regardless if someone attacks your tower.
h. A tower that lets you garrison units, but not let you un-garrison them. If you collect say, 5 basic archers, then you get a super archer spawned, then garrisoned units are destroyed. This can work with any type of unit, but allow you to upgrade your unity by garrisoning certain type. If you garrison a unit, you lose food as if you rerolled, but unit doesn't die just stays garrisoned.

These simple suggestions gives all users time to think of strategy and to select or start to build up their character with the store component of the game. The store gives each user their own creation. They are less likely to quit if they have spent time building up their character and tower as they feel as if they "Own their choices" so they must protect them for remainder of the game.

Hopefully these aren't dumb.
 Nixy

Размещено8 de ������� de 2012 - 08:50
stupid
 syssouffle

Отредактировано8 de ������� de 2012 - 16:24syssouffle
All u said need too much work to make :s

Try play with good players until update with new thing to prevent it... I will think to it.
 ZOET

Размещено8 de ������� de 2012 - 23:11
We need to make sure this map is 100% Fair Play.
 syssouffle

Отредактировано12 de ������� de 2012 - 21:35syssouffle
In fact it's like all FFA games. If there are teamers game isn't fair-play. But roll isn't only a FFA game and is totally optimized for teams games, moreover these games are more interesting and strategic.

Maybe allow rated only in teams games and 1v1 is a possibility, but personally i think it's to players to choose how they want play it rated. (=> like all playable FFA rated games)
 obi11

Размещено12 de ������� de 2012 - 22:18
Can you improve the dodge panic ability? Add dodging -HP also so is not so useless when you get it from the random box.
 RIP_FuryFist_

Размещено16 de ������� de 2012 - 02:52
RTD RATED!
 Nixy

Размещено16 de ������� de 2012 - 02:58
rating for this would be so stupid
 WeeNi

Размещено16 de ������� de 2012 - 10:40
my comment was from a players perspective. This in no way denotes a "must have" for the design of the game as I love the game. The game is good as it is, but I was merely suggesting improvements to the design. Being NOT a scenario designer, I know not what it takes to implement changes. My previous comments may be naive but they are truly what the players are requesting. If no changes are made before release to rated map, then whatever, the map is still ****ing awesome, thank you Azzru for designing and developing it.
 WeeNi

Размещено16 de ������� de 2012 - 10:41
Nixy wrote:
rating for this would be so stupid

your statement makes now sense, STFU.
 _HuNtt3R

Размещено16 de ������� de 2012 - 19:17
AZZRU CREATE THIS MAP.... HE NEVER WIN ???? **** **** NOB rofl rofl rofl rofl
 WeeNi

Размещено21 de ������� de 2012 - 08:44
_HuNtt3R wrote:
AZZRU CREATE THIS MAP.... HE NEVER WIN ???? **** **** NOB rofl rofl rofl rofl

;drunk lies!

1234567[8]9101112131415161718192021»
Показано 106 - 120 из of 316 посты
Быстрый пееход:
22Пользователи(-ли)читают эту тему (За последние 30 минут)
0члены,22гости